60 Thames St
Portland, ME 04101
COME MEET THE OYSTER FARMERS at Helm Oyster Bar & Bistro!
Oysters from Maine are (arguably) the best in the world, and Helm sources the best of the best directly from the farmers. For our second event, we’re proudly featuring Kelly Punch of Mere Point Oyster Company.
Salty and sweet, with crisp, dense meat and a bright, earthy finish, Mere Point Oysters are nurtured in the rolling waters of Mere Point, Maquoit and Middle Bays. Hand-selected following multiple handlings in the tumbler, these oysters come to harvest with strong, beautiful shells and a classic Maine brininess.
Our chefs will be shucking oysters from Mere Point to order, and Kelly is excited to tell you all about them. You can ask her about:
- How best to appreciate great oysters
- How to identify oysters
- How to talk about oysters
- Lemon, mignonette, cocktail sauce or naked?
- What drinks pair best with oysters?
- The oyster’s life cycle, and when best to enjoy them
Will also include: •
$7 Cocktails (Ice cold Martinis! Spritz!)
• $7 Wine by the glass (Muscadet!)
• $5 Beer (the kind that goes great with Maine oysters!)
• Walk-ins only – no reservations
• Full raw bar and full bar/wine list available
Or just come slurp and enjoy with us!
Hope to see you there.