March 1st is the official kick-off date for Maine Restaurant Week 2021, which this year will run until Friday, March 12th. Originally developed back in 2008 as a way to help businesses get through the slower winter months, the message of supporting local is now more important than ever. To spread the word, we have created an abbreviated list of events, as well as, participating Portland restaurants & their respective specials.
Coffee By Design CRAVE Event: Participating bakeries will be adding a Coffee by Design coffee treat to their menus from the 1st to the 12th with a portion of all proceeds going to Preble Street Resource Center.
- Participating Bakeries: Gross Confection Bar/ Bakery, Botto’s Bakery, Dean’s Sweets, Rosemont Bakery, Tally’s, Union Kitchen, Verbena.
- Menu includes: $22 Oysters with Roasted Shallot Mignonette Winter Green Salad with Roasted Beets & Pistachios Crispy Chicken with Buttermilk Dumplings.
- Vegetarian menu options include: Whipped Feta with pickled Fennel Winter Green Salad with Roasted Beets & Pistachios Smoked Ricotta Stuffed Cabbage with Mushroom Gravy
DiMillos: Open Monday-Saturday at noon for indoor dining, heated outdoor dining, & curbside pickup.
- Menu specials: Lobster Mash appetizer (Fresh Maine lobster sauteed in butter over Pineland Farms red bliss mashed potato & finished with season potato flakes, sour cream & chives) for $16 & the option to add a selected wine. Can also add a glass of 921 Prosecco for $4.
Little Giant: Open for dine-in on their heated & covered outdoor patio 4pm-10pm, Tuesday- Sunday. Offering a 3-course meal for $45 per person.
- Menu includes: Scallop Crudo with Tomaquet & Olives, Charred Beet with Blood Orange & Habanero, Gem Lettuce with Lime, Serrano, & Pistachio, Black Rice with Peekytoe Crab, Coconut Sorbet with Toasted Coconut, Basque Cheesecake with Vanilla, & more!
Old Port Sea Grill & Raw Bar: Offering a 3-course menu $50 per person with optional wine pairings personally curated by their sommelier for an additional $25. Reservations are required for the 3-course menu for MRW, which can be made on their website.
- Menu includes: Fried Calamari, Mixed Greens Salad, CNC Wings, Voodoo Shrimp, Steak & Frites, Pasta Primavera, & a nightly dessert selection.
Sur Lie: Indoor dining available Thursday-Saturday from 4pm-9pm with a special 4-course dinner menu for $55 per person (no sharing).*Due to the tapas-style nature of our restaurant, the entire party needs to participate in the MRW menu.* Items will also be available for pre-order curbside pick-up on Friday, March 5th, or Saturday, March 6th. Orders due by March 3rd.
- Menu includes: Sweet Pea Hummus, Grilled Octopus, Mushroom Toast, Fennel & Citrus Salad, Northstar Farms Lamb Bolognese, Pan Roasted Scallops, Flan, Pot De Creme & MORE!
TIQA Pan Mediterranean: Offering indoor & outdoor seating for lunch & dinner, as well as, takeout.
- Lunch Menu ($17): Hummas, Lunch Salad, Soup, Broccolini, Flat Iron Kabob, Veggie Kebabs, Shawarma, Falafel Wrap
- Dinner Menu ($28): Broccolini, Soup, Lunch Salad, Hummus, Pappardelle/ Monkfish/ Chicken & or Steak Kabob, Pot de creme, Crema Cataline, Baklava
XO Burgers & Wings: Will be open for curbside pickup Wednesday-Sunday 5pm-9pm with vegetarian & gluten-free options available during MRW.
- Menu specials: Get any burger & any half dozen wings for $16.
For the full list of restaurants please visit Maine Restaurant Week’s official website.