In this city there’s always something going on in the culinary scene. Here’s a quick rundown of closings, openings,and news, in addition to fun happenings and upcoming foodie events.
Anything from recent closings, openings, and headliners!
- Other Side Deli made the announcement that it will be closing the deli effective immediately. Other Side Diner will remain open.
- When Pigs Fly, a York-based bakery, opened their Portland retail location this past weekend, on Oct. 21st. Offering freshly baked loaves of quality, artisan breads as well as other baked goods. They’re open 10 am – 6 pm daily at 65 Hanover Street in West Bayside.
- Art for Opportunity, Maine Needs’ first in-person fundraising event hosted by Après in September, raised $20,000.
Events, Tastings, and More
Fun for the modern day foodie!
- Harvest on the Harbor is this week and weekend. Harvest on the Harbor showcasse premier Maine distillers, brewers, oyster farmers, and purveyors of outstanding hospitality. Tickets are still available for the Maine Oysterfest on Saturday, Oct. 28th.
- Liu Bian Tan is popping up Norimoto Bakery in Portland’s Deering Center. Offering Taiwanese lunch on Saturday, Oct. 28th starting at 11 AM.
- The 2023 East Bayside Halloween Fest is happening this Saturday, Oct. 28th all day. A something-for-everyone, all-day festival of food, spirits, dancing and costumes galore to raise money for Maine Needs. Participating chocolatiers, coffee shops, breweries, and distilleries include Maine Craft Distilling, Moonday Coffee, Goodfire Brewing and more.
- For one night only, Bar Futo is bringing back Five Guys in Portland with their Halloween Pop-Up Five Dead Guys, Monday Oct. 30th from 6 PM – 9 PM. Five Guys-inspired snacks + alcoholic milkshakes.
- Currently under construction, Rebel’s Libations and Provisions will be popping up at Nosh Kitchen Bar for one night only, Oct. 30th from 5pm – 12am. Help Rebel’s Libations and Provisions open by funding their crowdsourcing campaign.