In this city there’s always something going on in the culinary scene. Here’s a quick rundown of closings, openings,and news, in addition to fun happenings and upcoming foodie events.
Anything from recent closings, openings, and headliners. Brief one this week!
- Broadway Bowl has announced its opening day as Tuesday, November 28th, 2023 at 3pm. Broadway Bowl is opening at 725 Broadway in South Portland, the former Sea Dog bowling alley. Broadway Bowl is a sister property of Bayside Bowl in Portland, of which Broadway Bowl will be modeled after.
- Last week it was announced that The Snug Pub would be closing. This week it has been announced that the location will be home to a new sports pub, Jerome’s. More to come…
- Radici on Washington Avenue held its last day of service.
- Judy Gibson held its last day of service. In a message via social media, Owner Chris Wilcox wrote:
“Thank you to everyone that has supported this restaurant over the years. I could not be more grateful to have had the opportunity to cook food the way I want, offer wine we think is great and have an amazing bar manager (Stephanie Perkins) create delicious cocktails for everyone. I got to make a playlist made up of 60 hours worth of some of my favorite songs. Moments like when the restaurant was roaring and New Speedway Boogie came on gave me chills. I’ll never forget this experience and am truly grateful.”
Events, Tastings, and More
Fun for the modern day foodie!
- Cheese Louise will be offering a free Thanksgiving meal to anyone in need. You can stop by their Portland location on November 23rd from 11am-2pm. They will be serving up turkey, stuffing, gravy, cranberry sauce, and cranberry bread.
- Outdoor dining is staying for some establishments this winter! Alto Terrace Bar + Kitchen is opening up Igloo Dining on Friday, November 24th. Reserve one of their Ski Lodge-themed igloos on Resy.com, and enjoy an exclusive igloo dining menu!
- Alongside State Lunch in Augusta, The Porthole will be hosting their Inaugural 3 Kings Holiday Party on December 16th. Celebrate the season in style with great food, drinks, and live entertainment. 100% of proceeds from ticket sales will be going to the Lewiston-Auburn Area Response Fund, organized by the Maine Community Foundation.
- Last minute additions to the Thanksgiving Food Guide: Dine-In and Preorder Options in Portland, Maine.