In this city there’s always something going on in the culinary scene. Here’s a quick rundown of closings, openings,and news, in addition to fun happenings and upcoming foodie events.
Anything from recent closings, openings, and headliners!
- Nosh Taco, a new business venture from the Nosh Kitchen team, is coming to Portland’s Old Port soon.
- Argenta Brewing Co., “Portland’s Lager Saloon”, will be opening in the former Banded Brewing Co. location in Portland’s West Bayside spring-ish 2024. From Argenta Brewing Co.’s website: “Ryan Dunlap, owner and operator, is originally from Nevada where the word, Argenta, first inspired him. Argenta was a silver mine in the 1860’s but quickly crumbled and now sits as one of the hundreds of ghost towns in the state. This silver mine was the namesake of Ryan’s college dorm, and thus a beer company was born.”
- The Greeks of Peaks have leased the space at 92 Anderson Street. They hope to open their modern Greek taverna this upcoming spring.
- Orange Bike Brewing Co., Portland’s first dedicated Gluten Free brewery, will be opening their tasting room location at 31 Diamond Street this Friday 3pm – 8pm, with additional opening hours Saturday (12pm – 8pm) and Sunday (12pm – 7pm).
- The Snug Pub will be closing. Closing details to come. Read the full closing statement.
- Chocolats Passion announced that they will be opening their new retail location at 175 Spring Street on December 1st, 2023.
- Cellardoor Winery celebrated 2 years at their Middle Street location this past week.
- Papi Co-Owners, Ronnie Medlock (Head Chef) and LyAnna Sanabria (Bartender) headed to Puerto Rico for a bar and kitchen take over at Jungle Bird Bar.
Events, Tastings, and More
Fun for the modern day foodie!
- New additions have been added to the Thanksgiving Food Guide: Dine-In and Preorder Options in Portland, Maine.
- Bar Futo will be hosting a Taco & Friends-giving menu takeover on Tuesday, November 21st starting at 5pm featuring flavors from the South and Southwest. They are also asking for guests to bring gently used or new warm winter coat, waterproof gloves, or boots in exchange for a surprise grab bag treat! All items will be donated to Maine Needs.