In this city there’s always something going on in the culinary scene. Here’s a quick rundown of closings, openings,and news, in addition to fun happenings and upcoming foodie events.
Anything from recent closings, openings, and headliners!
- Judy Gibson in South Portland announced that it would close permanently November 19th.
- Brickyard Hollow Brewing is expanding their Portland location. They have leased the adjacent space formerly occupied by The Maker’s Galley which closed end of summer. The new space will be for hosting events and overflow in the restaurant.
- Porttown Public House & Coffee Bar is now open at 123 Commercial Street. In the morning, they offer coffee, baked goods and breakfast sandwiches. In the evening, Porttown Public House transitions into a bar with beer, pizza and sandwiches on the menu.
Events, Tastings, and More
Fun for the modern day foodie!
- New additions have been added to the Thanksgiving Food Guide: Dine-In and Preorder Options in Portland, Maine.
- Luke’s Lobster will be hosting a Community Day on November 14th to raise money for both the Lewiston Auburn Response Fund as well as the Port Clyde Strong Fund. They will be running a twin lobster dinner special thanks to a group of local Casco Bay lobsterman who made a very generous donation.
- Punch named Room for Improvement as one of the Best New Bars of 2023.
- La Gallera will be popping up at Bellevelle’s North Street location on November 16th starting at 6pm and running until sellout. Empanadillas, De Pernil y plátano maduro (roasted pork with sweet plantains), De Vegetales (vegan/habichuelas guisadas), and Pollo de BBQ (bbq chicken, like pinchos).
- Ballast is hosting Liquid Riot and Dean’s Sweets for a whiskey and chocolate tasting on November 15th. Will also be serving a featured cocktail and food including charcuterie and house made focaccia. Tickets.
- The Knotted Apron is hosting a multi-course Parisian Nights wine dinner on November 15th and 16th. Reserve your spot.
- Hardshore Distilling rescheduled the release party for their new line of bourbon, Shorebird, to November 16th from 4pm – 9 pm. Live music, bourbon tastings, live music, great food, and a new cocktail menu alongside local beers and wines.
- Roma Cafe will be holding a launch party on November 18th for Roma Sauce, a new line of fresh pasta, sauces, Italian delicacies and “ready to play” pasta kits. Launch party starts at 12:30 PM.